The relationship you have with your dentist & his team is a special one
You must feel comfortable with your dentist and the treatment that is recommended.
The dentist and the entire team need to be good listeners and hear all your concerns.
The dentist and team must provide dental care in the most gentle manner as possible.
Your first visit to our office is important to us! We realize going to a new dental office can make anyone feel “uneasy”. Our goal is for you to leave our office with a very positive experience. Whether you are seeing us for a comprehensive exam or an emergency, please know that you are welcome in our dental home and we want to develop a dental relationship for a lifetime!
Arriving 10 – 15 minutes before your appointment is helpful to allow us to get acquainted. It gives us time to answer any questions you may have as well as getting information from you that is needed so that we can take good care of you. We will need to know your medical history, doctor’s name and address and medications you currently take.
Having your insurance card and responsible party information (name, date of birth, social number) will enable us to process insurance claims quickly and minimize your out-of-pocket expense.
Please read our mission statement below. You can download patient forms and fill them out of the comfort of your home. Please make sure to bring them to your first appointment.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dentistry.
Our goal is to treat “you the way you want to be treated”
- Listening to our patients needs and wants.
- Developing treatment plans that will meet our patients goals.
- Making sure that our patients have been educated about their current oral health status and making suggestions to accomplish optimal health.
- Making sure that recommended treatment makes sense to our patients.
- Helping our patients understand financial options so they can afford the dentistry they want and need.
- Providing dental care in a gentle and compassion and exceeding your expectations.
Please click on the link below and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
- We treat our patients the way they want to be treated! We listen closely to all their concerns about going to the dentist and what is important to them concerning their teeth. We custom design a plan to meet their needs and then provide their care in a manner comfortable to them.
- Most patients state Dr. Williams is the most gentle dentist they’ve ever had especially during numbing procedures.
- Our patient testimonials include many satisfied patients and a wide variety of reasons they choose our office.
Initial Oral Examination
Your initial oral examination includes an oral cancer screening and soft tissue exam, visual examination of all teeth, teeth charting, periodontal probing, diagnosis and treatment recommendations. We will also take digital x-rays to check for tooth decay and gum disease in the anterior (front) and posterior (back) teeth.
Digital X-rays: All our x-rays are digital. This gives us higher quality x-rays than in the past as well as the amount of radiation while really never a concern is even now lower than ever.
Our TV Monitors: in each room in front of you allow us to magnify your x-rays so you can easily see your teeth and understand your treatment.
Special Concern for Nervous Patients
We have hundreds of patients that used to be “terrified” to go to the dentist. The phrase “use to” is the key. Many of these patients that used to require “Sedation Dentistry” i.e. nitrous oxide gas (laughing gas) or medications like valium or Xanax or BOTH, don’t feel like they need any of these agents now.
If you are nervous, #1 tell us, we’ll do everything possible to help you. We can use nitrous oxide or medications that help you relax, we have stereo head phones to block out noise. Let us know how we can help!